제목과 책임 영역 기술
Robert N. Thompson fonds
일반 자료 지정
- Textual record
- Graphic material
- Sound recording
- Moving images
그 외 제목 정보
책임 영역 제목
- Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the fonds.
자료의 특정한 부분
투영 사항 (지도제작상의)
주제 관할과 액면가 (우표)
영역 생산 일자
1914; 1916; 1933-1999 (Creation)
- Thompson, Robert N.
물리적 기술 영역
ca. 29 m of textual records and other material
출판자 시리즈 영역
출판자 시리즈의 본 제목
출판자 시리즈의 대등 표제
출판자 시리즈의 다른 제목 정보
출판자 시리즈에 관한 책임사항
출판자의 시리즈 내에서 번호 부여
출판자 시리즈 주기
기록물 기술 영역
Robert Thompson was born in Duluth, Minnesota, but raised in Innisfail, Alberta. He was educated at the Calgary Normal School, Garbutt Buisiness College in Calgary, Palmer College of Chiropractic in Iowa, Bob Jones University in South Carolina, and the University of British Columbia. He was a teacher in Alberta from 1934 to 1936. In 1939, he married Hazel Maxine Kurth; they had eight children: Grace, Alice, George, David, Lois, Paul, Robert (known as Mak), and Stephen. During World War II he served as an instructor in the Commonwealth Air Training Plan. In 1943 the family relocated to Ethiopia with the Sudan Interior Mission. He was seconded to the Ministry of Education until 1952, and acted occasionally as a diplomat for Ethiopia from 1953 to 1958, when the family returned to Canada. He was president of the Social Credit Party of Canada from 1960 to 1961, its national leader from 1961 to 1967, and Member of Parliament (MP) for Red Deer (Alberta) from 1962 to 1972. During the 1970s and 1980s he served as an administrator and instructor (Political Science) at Trinity Western University in Langley, B.C. He was active in many organizations throughout his life, serving on the boards of Mission Aviation Fellowship, Samaritan's Purse, Gospel Recordings Inc., and World Vision. His numerous awards include the Star of Ethiopia and the Order of Canada.
Hazel passed away in 1992. In 1993 Thompson married Evelyn Brant, who had served for many years as a missionary in Ethiopia with her first husband. Evelyn passed away in 2012.
Approximately 3 metres of textual materials were donated to the Trinity Western University Archives in 1983; over the course of the next decade, additional materials - including textual records, sound recordings, books, and artifacts - were transferred to the care of the Archives. In 1995/1996, with financial support from the Canadian Council of Archives, archival staff processed, inventoried, and described the textual records.
The fonds consists of correspondence, speeches, articles, notes, minutes, photographs, scrapbooks and other records relating to Thompson's personal life, his involvement with various organizations, his military career and work in Ethiopia, his political career as MP and national leader of the Social Credit Party of Canada, and his work as an educator.
Note that in addition to these textual records, the RNT Fonds is also comprised of the following:
- A large number of artifacts, many of which are on display in the RNT building on the TWU campus
- Audio and video cassettes, filed in the database with Coll. 02, the A/V collection; also physically filed with other A/V materials
- Scrapbooks containing news clippings and personal memorabilia sorted in chronological order (from 1960 to 1996)
- Scrapbooks containing political cartoons clipped from newspapers, sorted in chronological order (1963-1996)
수집의 직접적 출처
Robert N. Thompson
- Objects associated with the Robert N. Thompson fonds have been given identifier code "RNT-ob".
- Oversized textual based certificates and awards are stored in Box 24 (Bay 35 Shelf 5)
- Political cartoons stored in Map Cabinet Drawer 5
- Oversized photographs and related artworks stored in Map Cabinet Drawer 5
원본 소장 위치
다른 포맷의 이용가능성
접근에 대한 제한
May contain confidential information. Please contact Archivist for additional information.
이용, 재생산 및 출판 관리 용어
- File list available
- Note that file-level descriptions have not been entered individually into the archives database for this fonds; instead, file lists have been pasted into the appropriate series and sous-fonds level descriptions. It is therefore possible to search by keyword at the file level, but not to locate records describing each file in detail
During Thompson's time in Ethiopia he acquired three Ethiopian codices (bound manuscripts), carrying cases and instruments to prepare parchment for the making of codices; for more information see the Coll. 12 Ethiopian Manuscripts Collection.
No further accruals to this fonds are anticipated
Note that on September 18, 2008, the 114 Social Credit books were transferred to the custody of the Cataloguing Librarian, for integration with regular library collections
Includes: 2000 photographs (un-indexed), 9 video cassettes, 10 film reels and 86 scrapbooks. Thompson also donated published Social Credit materials, including 114 books as well as 187 booklets currently stored in the archivist's office bookcase
Actual physical extent of textual records inside boxes is 15.68 m
Fonds also includes:
- 4.00 m of scrapbooks
- 3.00 m of books
- 0.60 m of brochures / newsletters
- several boxes of artifacts, photos, audio / visual, framed documents, and reel-to-reel recordings
표준 번호 영역
Genre access points
전거레코드 책임기관 식별자
규칙 혹은 표준규정
생산 수정 삭제 일자
November 23, 2002<br/>October 25, 2012<br/>Thursday, October 25, 2012 2:46:29 PM by SylviaS<br/>Thursday, October 25, 2012 11:07:26 AM by SylviaS<br/>Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:57:38 AM by SylviaS<br/>Friday, September 19, 2008 12:18:28 PM by SylviaS<br/>Saturday, December 08, 2007 11:32:10 AM by SylviaS<br/>Thursday, November 22, 2007 1:00:40 PM by Keharn.Yawnghwe<br/>Friday, September 28, 2007 4:17:23 PM by SylviaS<br/>Friday, January 06, 2006 3:53:06 PM by SylviaS<br/>Friday, July 15, 2005 12:38:18 PM by SylviaS<br/>Friday, February 27, 2004 11:08:46 AM by sylvias<br/>Tuesday, February 18, 2003 6:33:17 PM by sylvias<br/>Tuesday, February 18, 2003 2:59:46 PM by sylvias<br/>Saturday, November 23, 2002 10:23:46 AM by SylviaS; July 2020, tk