This Collection consists of records created or acquired by several researchers, including historian Juanita Snyder and TWU archivist Stopforth. Most of the materials are copies of archival records or photocopies of pages from various books.
In September 1976 the multi-phased McMillan Park and Trinity Lake Project culminated with the opening of the McMillan Park Rest Area adjacent to Glover Road. Photograph of a historic marker erected at the newly opened McMillan Park; the marker provides historical information regarding the Hudson's Bay Farm, originally situated on campus grounds. SIGN TEXT:
The Hudson’s Bay Farm The land adjacent to this marker was the site of the Hudson’s Bay Farm which was one of few sources of food provisions for fur brigades, miners, and others from the 1830s to the 1870s.
1834 – large scale operation began on 2000 acre plot 1839 – food stuffs supplied to Alaska by agreement with the Russian-American Company 1846 – Fur brigades to British Columbia interior provided with food products 1858 – food provisions purchased by great numbers of Gold Rush miners 1878 – land divided into 20 parcels and auctioned
Project sponsored by Langley Chamber of Commerce and Trinity Western College