Welcome to the TWU Archives online finding aid
The database contains descriptions of more than 15,000 archival records documenting the University's history since its founding in 1962. More than 8000 scanned images of archival photographs, as well as over 300 digitized sound recordings, have been uploaded to the database.
• Use AND (upper case required) to narrow your search; eg. library AND construction will find results that contain both terms
• Use OR (uppercase required) to broaden your search; eg. Pillar OR yearbook will find results that contain either term
• Use AND NOT (uppercase required) to narrow your search by exclusion; eg. financial records AND NOT budgets will find results that include the terms "financial records" but not the term "budgets"
• Use * to truncate; eg. graduat* will find results that contain graduate, graduates, graduation, graduating
• Use " " to search for an exact phrase; eg. "faculty association"; eg. "CA TWU Coll. 08-1998-01-3821"
Note that peoples' proper names may be entered in the database using the convention "family name, given name." For example: Lee, Joan rather than Joan Lee. For best results, try searching on both forms.
Additional search tips can be found here.
Archives hold original materials in a variety of media and are non-lending institutions. To access materials that have not been digitized, make a note of the item's Reference Code and contact the Archivist to schedule an appointment.
Cite archival materials using the format Name of repository. Title of fonds or collection, Reference code. Title or description of item. (Include Date and page number if available). For example:
Trinity Western University Archives. Office of the President Fonds, CA TWU 2-02.02-61 10c. Minutes of meeting of the Academic Council. 12 October 1995.
Comments? Questions? Please let us know.